New Study by Roland Berger and Swiss Finance Startups
Switzerland must seize the FinTech opportunity now!
· The rapid worldwide development of startups in the FinTech industry will lead to significant shifts in the global financial industry.
· Innovations in the FinTech area lead to a fragmentation of the value chain and thus drive the specialization and cooperation between established financial service providers and the FinTech startups even further.
· Switzerland’s financial center offers a promising starting point for FinTech companies. Compared to the leading FinTech hubs (eg. London or Silicon Valley), Switzerland is still well behind expectations.
· Around three-quarters of the surveyed Swiss FinTech companies indicate that they would like to sell their products and services also in Europe.
· For the development of the FinTech Hub Switzerland innovative collaborations, a healthy competition and first success stories are of crucial importance.