This is a list of CEOs that lack sound managerial practice and judgment, a top five ranking that nobody wants to be on, nor would you likely want to own shares in, nor be a supplier to the companies on it. It is created by Sydney Finkelstein, a Dartmouth B-School professor (pictured here). It’s his fifth annual list.
- Number 1: Ricardo Espirito Santo Silva Salgado, Banco Espirito Santo (BES) – lack of judgement, appointed 250 family members into management and leadership jobs
- Number 2: Dov Charney, American Apparel – sexual harassment claims and inability to form C-level team
- Number 3: Philip Clarke, Tesco – lacks ability to compete
- Number 4: Eddie Lampert, Sears Holdings – red-ink for nine straight quarters
- Number 5: Dick Costolo, Twitter –it was given low marks for sales and market growth
Image source: Tuck School of Business