Advent International raised one of the biggest private equity funds investing in Europe in recent years last week, showing that the appetite for PE amongst institutional investors has hardly dwindled if the right opportunity presents itself, says Unquote (we reported the fundraising last week). This week Unquote did some number crunching to see how it compared to the largest buyout funds ever raised. It said that Advent’s fund may have been the biggest in years, but it didn’t even make the ranking for its top five biggest funds of all time.
Here’s Unquote’s list (reverse order)
– Blackstone Capital Partners VI – USD 16 billion and it closed at the beginning of this year.
– KKR Fund 2006 closed in March 2008 on USD 17.6 billion, and backed primarily by from large North American pension funds.
– CVC European Equity Partners V USD €11bn and closed in 2009.
– TPG Partners VI closed in Sept 2008 on USD 19.8 billion
– GS Capital Partners VI the only one to close a USD 20 billion fund (in early 2007)